Making a Puzzle Wreath

Jigsaw puzzles with missing pieces or inexpensive new ones are a good source of crafting materials. This is a page about making a puzzle wreath.

These two photos show ornaments that are much different than the green and red ones I made in 1992. After writing the directions for these, I decided to make some more. I assembled a 550 piece puzzle and sprayed it gold.

To make the ring shape, I traced around the flat lid of a wide-mouth jar on white printer paper. These are three layers deep, and the bow is glued and stapled.

I did not put a hanger on them because they look nice with a bit of evergreen poking through beneath the bow. The puzzle made 24 ornaments. I'm all ready to give my friends a gift for NEXT Christmas!

By Coreen

Many years ago, my son made this craft at school. It looked really cute! It's a hanging holiday wreath decoration or an ornament. You can make it any size, but the one he made was about 4 inches wide.

Take an old puzzle (one that you no longer want or one that's missing pieces). Spray paint the pieces green. Paint both sides of the puzzle pieces. Next, hot-glue them together in a circle wreath shape (a small wreath is easiest), with some pieces overlapping, to give the wreath depth.

Top the little wreath off with a small red bow. Hot-glue a red or gold looped ribbon to the wreath to hang it with.

You could also glue a child's photo in the center opening of the finished wreath. This would be cute for a child to give to relatives for Christmas.

I also think you could do this as an autumn wreath by spray painting the puzzle pieces in at least 3 fall colors, such as red, yellow, and orange. Then perhaps hot-glue some tiny pinecones on the wreath instead of a bow. You could even spray paint the tiny pinecones gold.

Ness from Lakeview, NY

Crafts Crafts For KidsMarch 19, 2013
😷
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
Generated 2020-08-04 18:52:06 in 940 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Puzzle-Wreath.html