Making a Name Snowflake

Using your name as the cutting lines on a paper snowflake is a fun variation on this popular craft. This is a page about making a name snowflake.

Like actual snowflakes, each one will be unique. Terrific craft for school, scouts, parties, or the "I'm bored" moments at home. If you are working with many children, this is for grades 3 and up. If you have a few children, they can be younger, as they will need some help.

Total Time: Mine took a few minutes. I would think 30 minutes for a group of children.

Yield: 1 snowflake

Source: Facebook

• one paper circle
  • scissors
  • pencil or pen

1. Draw a circle on a piece of paper and cut it out. I used a 7-inch circle for my 4-letter name.
  2. Fold the circle into eighths.
  3. Write your name in block or bubble letters. Make sure each letter touches the previous and succeeding one in at least one spot.
  4. Make sure the top and bottom of each letter touch the edges.
  5. Advertisement

6. Cut the non-letter spaces away. Do not cut between the letters!
  7. This is the tricky part. If you have a letter with a hole in it, like the d in my name, you have to pierce a hole in the middle to get it started and cut out the space. This is where younger children need help.
  8. Clear away any "ragged edges" as best as you can. Unfold the snowflake and hang it up!
  9. Advertisement

Crafts Crafts For KidsDecember 22, 2016
🎃