Planning a Wedding Menu

I have just started to plan a wedding for next fall and a few people volunteered to cook some things for me. My problem is trying to find good foods that people like, that go together, and that are not to much trouble for my volunteers. Any ideas?

By Erin from Louisville, KY

Is it a summer wedding? If so cole slaw, pasta salad and baked beans go well with a barbeque theme. If it's a brunch then egg casserole, stratas, coffee cakes etc. work fine. Dinner ideas might be potato casseroles, mac and cheese, California blend casserole etc. Or you could use desserts only like cheese cakes. Good luck. :)

We have a catering company here in Winnipeg, Canada that serves meatballs, cabbage rolls, and perogies as side dishes. They are very popular, tasty, easy to make and go with anything from chicken to roast beef to salmon! My favorite menu, for ease of cooking is: meatballs, cabbage rolls, perogies, thinly sliced roast beef, garlic mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, macaroni salad, green salad, and mixed pastries for desert. Makes me hungry thinking about it!

I had a party for 100 people, and asked my friends to bake they were more then happy to. I bought chafing dishes and all the ingredents. we had a hot spaghetti dish, a cold pasta salad, broiled potatoes, meatball in BBQ sauce, sausages in BBQ sauce, and I bought the chicken from Sentry. The morning of the party I picked up all the food, no worries, and I got to enjoy the party.

Weddings PlanningJuly 15, 2010
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Making a Dinner Menu Board
Making a Dinner Menu Board
Bride and Groom Putting Money in Piggy Bank
Creating a Budget for Your Wedding