Instructions For Making Coat Hanger and Green Tulle Wreath

I'm looking for instructions to make a wreath from a coat hanger and green tulle. My grandmother and I did this years ago, now I'd like to teach my grandkids. I remember you have to tie strips of tulle onto the hanger. Thanks.

Lynn from Mineral, VA

Best Answer

The one I remember was threaded on the coat hanger, ribbon style, sort of like stair steps. Hard to explain in words. That is what I remember anyway.

Take a wire coat hanger and pull out and shape it till it's round, leave the hanger hook at the top. Cut strips of cloth ( any color or pattern you wish or have on hand, old scrap clothing is good to use)tie the strips onto wire, pushing them tighter together as you go to make as full as you wish.Decorate as you would any artificial wreath.Want to be real thrifty? Use white plastic bags such as you get at the store. Trim the handles off and just tie on the same way as cloth.Trim to what ever length you want for fullness.These are really pretty lightly sprayed with glue and sprinkled with glitter before decorating.You can also wrap a short string on lights on your finished wreath. Hope this helps you out.Oh I almost forgot, you turn one piece in the next out the next up the next down and so forth till finished.

I have bought a round circle at craft stores, when I used the hanger I shaped it till it was round. I used a yarn one. I have my grands do with white yarn and than they decorated it with different things. The other one i made was orange and black for Halloween.

Take a 4 inch piece of cardboard and wrap the yarn around it 19 times and tie it to the hanger with a separate piece of yarn. Cut off any pieces that need to be trimmed. I keep filling it till it is nice and full.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations CraftsOctober 28, 2007
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
Crocheted Drying Hanger
Crocheted Drying Hanger