CraftsGifts

Giving Children's Finger Paintings as Gifts

Being on a limited income, I was always at a loss when birthdays and Christmas came up. One day as I was watching my grandchildren fingerpaint, I hit on a cheap gift that would have special meaning to the receiver. I had each child paint a picture of something that they liked and then had them coat their hand with the fingerpaints and "sign" their painting in one corner. It is so cute. I let them dry and store them.

Later for a birthday or Christmas, I take out the paintings and put them in dollar store frames and give them to the child's parent or grandparent. People really rave about them. Oh,yes, I write the child's name and date on the bottom so I won't forget who drew the picture and it comes in handy in later years when you want to know how old they were when they made the painting. You can get pads of art paper and cheap paints at dollar stores and it sure has saved me lots of money at gifting time.

By Dawn from Gary, IN

what a great idea, will share this with my daughter. I have a grandson I see rarely as they live so far away & it would be a nice gift for "gramma" to get. LOL