Make Your Own Cake for Christmas

Make a cake for Christmas instead of buying one. Cake mix and frosting are on sale this time of the year. Where I live, cake mixes are on sale for 88 cents a box and frosting for $1.50. You can make your own flavor for $2.38 without taxes instead of $6.00 for a bought one.

By Gift giving from Memphis TN

A store bought cake costs at least 9.99 in my area, often more!

Your homemade version is cheaper, but you forgot to add in the cost of colored sprinkles or other decorating supplies, but at least you can use them several times to write names on the upcoming birthday cakes and so on.

i dont like boxed cake mixes. they taste very chemically. i just make a cake from scratch and flavor is real flavor not manufactured

I like making my cake from scratch, which is a lot cheaper and better tasting then box cake.

We like the homemade version also. We make a cream cheese frosting as it will hold the nuts and sparkles we put on the sides of the cake. And a pretty cake plate really adds to the special feeling of Christmas!

Well I have never made a homemade cake but make plenty of box ones and as long as I doll it up my family loves them. We add a chocolate pudding mix and chocolate chips to a chocolate fudge cake mix. I dont use frosting with that one. My husbands favorite is carrot cake. I drain and mash a small can of carrots. I also replace the recommended water with pineapple juice. I add some of the crushed pineapple to cake mix and the rest I mix into the cream cheese frosting. Strawberry cake I add mashed strawberries to it, also to the cream cheese frosting.

Colorful Christmas Tree Cookies Read to be Baked
Christmas Baking Tips and Tricks
Holidays and Parties Christmas Helpful HintsDecember 2, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
🎉
🎄