Dinnerware for a Wedding

My daughter is getting married in October. She wants me to fix the food! I can handle that, but I don't know about how to make sure I have enough dinnerware, etc. How do I estimate all the serving stuff?

Lynn from Kernersville, NC

Just a quess...if using paper or plastic dinner plates, plastic knives, forks and spoons, ect; probably allow 2 of each for each quest. Maybe 3 each for the forks.

Plastic cups and napkins probably 4 each. But would depend on how long the reception is expected to go on, better too many than not enough, and you can always use them later if you have too many.

Hi Lynn - I hosted a small event last winter in my home and had to serve 40 adults & 10 children. We called a local party rental store to suppliment our own kitchen items. It worked out really well and fairly inexpensive. Also, the rental agent helped me determine exactly what to rent and what to pass by.

Good luck & enjoy the happy event.

Assuming this is going to be informal service, and that you'll be using plastic, buy double what you think you'll need, from a store with a good return policy, and simply return the unused packages.

If you are renting flatware, just tell the rental company how many guests are expected (the oputside number) and they will guide you.

Your grocery deli people and butcher may be helpful also, in food amounts per guest, etc.

I catered my sons wedding a few years ago, and my best advice is don't be afraid to ask for help. Extra hands are wonderful. Best of luck : )

Weddings PlanningJune 1, 2007
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors