Making a Child's Angel Costume

I am needing ideas to make an angel costume for a child's play. Thank you.

By Betty from Wesson, MS

Answers

I made all the church nativity costumes, including 6 angels.

Find a child's night gown pattern that has a yoke. I put a zipper in the back, made my own seam where the pattern was not. Make the size 2 larger than needed, so you can wear over clothing. Long sleeves, put elastic wrists in, can be moved for sizes. Use silver fabric paint and make design around the yoke, for head gear, bend a wire coat hanger to fit the child's had, not just sit on the crown, but down on the head, over the curls. Then wrap around and around on it silver garland. I made wings too, that was cut from large tag board, stapled silver glitter around the whole outside, made slits, ran elastic through and sewed the ends. This goes over their shoulders. Hard to describe the wings.

Hope this helps.