Vinyl Tablecloth as Tree Skirt

I no longer have to worry about a skirt for my Christmas tree. Last year, I bought a round vinyl tablecloth on clearance after Christmas for $0.79. I found the center of the tablecloth, cut a slit to that point and cut a small circle out of the middle. It works like a charm! If water gets spilled while filling it won't soak in and make a mess, plus the flannel backing keeps the skirt from sliding around.

By Karen from NH

This sounds like a great idea! I'm going to look for one in the after Christmas sales.

Good idea! I've been using a vinyl tablecloth as a tree skirt for years. And now 2 of my grand-daughters are doing the same thing. So much cheaper than a regular tree skirt!

Making a Christmas Tree Skirt, Photo of a homemade tree skirt.
Making a Christmas Tree Skirt
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeDecember 22, 2010
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree