Browsing: Planning a Scavenger Hunt for Gifts

Creative Gift Wrapping - Hiding Gifts in the Pantry

For anyone wanting to hide gifts and save on wrapping paper, use boxes out of your pantry. When I start collecting gifts I hide them in my pantry in empty food boxes, they would not look into. I glue the boxes shut. Oatmeal, cake mix, even canned vegetables. Use the can opener that cuts the outside of the can rim and creates a cap. I put the gift inside and glue it shut.

On Christmas day they are given a grocery bag and a shopping list to go shopping for their gifts. They have to get the can opener to open the cans. Some cans have the pull tabs that make it easy.

I always make sure there is only one of the food items in the pantry so there is no confusion. It is time consuming but they look forward to their shopping trip.

By Lois

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

i think that is great. that is such a creative good idea. i have no children but i can remember myself being a little snoop a couple times.

I like your idea. With five children ages 17 to 6 months that would make it interesting instead of just passing around gifts as usual and watch them tear off the paper.

So funny and very creative?

Scavenger Hunt for Gifts
Planning a Scavenger Hunt for Gifts
Holidays and Parties Christmas TraditionsDecember 18, 2004
A woman wrapping Christmas gifts.
Christmas Gift Wrapping Tips
A wedding gift wrapped with white paper and a blue ribbon tied in a bow.
Wrapping Wedding Gifts
Gift Wrapped Bottle
Gift Wrapping Bottles
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 6, 2016 at 3:05:16 PM on 10.0.2.124 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.