Buche De Noel
- 2 cup flour
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. rum flavoring
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 6 egg yolks
- French silk icing
- mocha icing
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour loaf pan, 9x3x5 inches.
- In a large mixer bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Blend in rum, shortening, milk and egg yolks. Beat 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 65-70 minutes or until tests done with wooden toothpick. Turn out to cool completely.
- Trim edges and top of cake to make a rounded log shape. Save trimmings.
- Cut cake lengthwise into 4 layers. Reassemble log filling with layers of French silk icing.
- With some of the trimmings, make a branch 3 inches long and 1 inch diameter. Secure on top of log with French silk icing.
- Frost edges of log and branch with mocha Icing.
- With fork, make circular marking on the end of the log.
- Spread remaining French silk icing on top and sides of the log, rounding it while spreading. With a fork, make markings lengthwise to resemble bark.
- Garnish with pistachio nuts, green icing, or gum drop leaves to resemble vine on a log. Store cake in refrigerator.
French Silk Icing:
- Melt 3 squares unsweetened chocolate; cool.
- In mixing bowl, beat 4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 cup soft butter, 1 egg, the melted chocolate, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
Dissolve 1 teaspoon instant coffee in 1 tablespoon hot water, stir in 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add a few drops of water (more if necessary) for spreading consistency.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 6:27:09 PM on 10.0.0.199 in 946 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us