Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Wedding Gift For Boss

I need a gift idea to buy my husband's boss and bride to be. They are well off financially and they invited us to Cancun, Mexico for the wedding so I do not know what to buy them.

Gina from San Antonio, TX

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

07/19/2007

It does make it more difficult when you are not in their income bracket. Therefore, it is more important to get something thoughtful.

Are you going to pack this gift all the way to Cancun and make the recipients pack it all the way back? Perhaps a card stating that their special gift will be waiting to surprise them when they return. Or something unique and small enough to fit in the card.

Are you a hobbist or crafter? If you are a quilter, a handmade wedding quilt would be a wonderful gift.

If they are ecologically minded in some way, you could "adopt a wildlife acre" in their name through the National Wildlife Federation. Or adopt an animal through the World Wildlife Federation. Something like this could easily be upgraded into a custom gift basket with appropriate additions, such as a stuffed Panda for that panda you adopted from the WWF.

My choice would be www.starregistry.com, where you can purchase a star for them to name later. Get a star tie tack for him and star charm bracelet for her to go with the star certificate. Put these in a small basket (remember that packing stuff home problem) with star-shaped things (candle? soap? paperweight? Christmas ornament?) or star-related things (figurine of wizard? Tinkerbell? book?) with star wire wrapped around handle. How much you spend on something like this is highly variable and therefore easier to adjust to your budget.

By Concetta [4]06/29/2007

I would second the "honeymoon hamper" style gift.

My boss and his wife are well-to-do architects and accountants so when I and the other staff wanted to get him a gift, we didn't know what to do.

Luck would have it that Marshall Field's ran a griddle off of their registry for 40% off, for 79.99. Well, with ten staff we each kicked in $10 and bought that, and a bunch of designer pancake mixes and spatulas for them.

They loved it! My boss has repeatedly asked for the store where we bought the mix (it was at an outlet mall), and has told us now that they have kids they use the griddle ALL the time.

I can tell you from my own wedding that I most appreciated a gift from my aunt and uncle of midnight room service for after the wedding was over. They gave us $100 in room service credits, and we were able to order food and wine since we hadn't eaten a whole lot at the wedding (too busy visiting).

By Barb06/29/2007

How about a gift certificate for a massage for two at their home at their convenience? My sister has a business where she does that for married couples - takes her table and candles and music and makes it awesome for them. It's unusual and romantic and in their own home. Hopefully someone does that in your area. Just a suggestion.

By Rosa (Guest Post)06/28/2007

Are you crafty? Can you do the real decopauge, with the sanding and varnish? If so use the wedding invitation and decopauge it on a nice wooden plaque. I made one of these for a friend of mine years and years ago, and to this day it still hangs on their entry way wall. Rosa

By Laura C. (Guest Post)06/28/2007

I have given this a few times to very wealthy people and it turned out to be a big hit!! I took their wedding invitation and had it framed with beautiful dried flowers you can find sources on the web. It makes a beautiful presentation they can treasure for ever!

By Pam (Guest Post)06/28/2007

If they are really wealthy, then make a donation to a charity in their name.

By Karryn [1]06/28/2007

What about a honeymoon Hamper?

We have given these to several couples we know that have everything and don't need anything. Present it in a large basket that can be used as a picnic basket or for decoration afterwards.

Include things like chunky candles(that don't fall over), matches, a bottle of wine, wine glasses, chocolates, tablecloth, crackers and special cheeses, a disposable camera and anything you know the couple likes and will eat. You could even include some body chocolate massage oil, rose petals and some other fun stuff!

Arrange for it to be taken with them on their honeymoon night. A great way for any new bride and groom to begin their first night together!

By Linda Smyth (Guest Post)06/27/2007

Find out if they like the odd drop of wine and give them a nice bottle of wine (expensive or otherwise) with two glasses with their names engraved on them and the date of their wedding.

All the best.

By Beth [5]06/27/2007

Most couples have a registry, and often more than one. (Target, Wal-Mart, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Linens-N-Things, just for a few) When I got married (and I'm embarassed to admit it now, but I'll blame the Bridezilla curse), I was really frustrated whenever we got something that wasn't on the registry. I was very careful to put lots of very inexpensive, yet much- needed items on there, because a lot of my friends were broke at the time. So when we still didn't have, say, towels or dishes, and we instead recieved really random things like olive oils or napkin rings, it was pretty frustrating... What you could do if you just can't afford things on the registries is make your own version. Just don't decide to give them "something creative" when they need essentials- Because regardless of income, a lot of people who are getting married are starting from scratch. And it's not that "creative" gifts aren't great- they are- but wow, weddings are stressful, and by god, if you need towels, you need towels.

By (Guest Post)06/27/2007

make something from the heart
maybe a gift basket?a decorated wedding album?
how about a night out on the town... gift certificate to a restuarant and a movie?a gift certificate to a local mall where they could shop at any store there and pick out something they might need later