Giving Recipes as a Gift

I recently made a bridal gift but it could be used for a Christmas gift. I used a 3 ring binder and plastic page protectors. I put a recipe for each month of the year in the book. Some recipes were my own favorites or some were clipped from magazines.

I used colored paper to mount the recipes on and used small cut out pictures or stickers to decorate each page with something seasonal or special in the month.

I included pages with a holiday poem or inspirational thoughts. Sometimes I added almost whole page illustrations from magazines that went along with the particular month.

I found pages in magazines with common recipe substitutions and even a page of household first aid. I titled it "A year of recipes" on the outside.

By Martha

Martha what a great idea. I have often thought of doing a small book with my favorite recipes for my children. But the task always seemed so daunting. That I keep putting it off.

You have given me a totally new outlook on it. One recipe a month is a doable idea. And if I could get that done for Christmas. Maybe other years or birthdays I could add one or two more.

Thank you patsAZ

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts HomemadeAugust 27, 2005
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Keepsake Gift Ideas
Keepsake Gift Ideas
A girl receiving a dog as a gift.
Giving a Pet as a Gift
Gifts That Cost Nothing
Inexpensive Gift Ideas for Coworkers
🎄