Reusing Old Christmas Cards (Holiday Craft Idea)

When my sister and I were kids, we didn't have a lot of money in our family. We didn't know it and still had a ton of fun! My Mom would save all the old Christmas cards from years before, she had boxfulls! She then would have us cut out the picture on the front for either a gift tag or to glue inside a paper/plastic coffee cup lid or those O.J. can lids, (these lids aren't sharp and are safe for kids) With this, we would add glitter and things to make it look pretty. The inside of the card wasn't wasted. We would cut out the verse and use it as a gift tag or glue to the bottom edge of the lid. Then you add a string or ribbon to the top and hang on the tree. I'll never forget how much fun that was. My Mother is now 80 and ill, so having those happy memories are very important.

By Gayle from Queen Creek, AZ

WE CUT OFF THE FRONT OF THE CARD AND USE THEM FOR CHRISTMAS TAGS ON PACKAGES

Gayle, that is what Christmas is all about....family, fun, and making memories! Happy Holidays to you!

Dear Harlean,

Thank you so very, very, much for posting these wonderful little Christmas Card Slippers! I cannot express enough how much I have wanted to locate this pattern! Yes indeed back in the 60's or 70's when I was in school, one of my teachers made these little slippers for us at Christmas time.

One Christmas some years later, when I went to look for mine, after saving it for so many years, and many moves, I could not find it! I was so heartbroken! That little card meant so much to me and became a part of my "melancholic memories." So now, thanks to you, I can "recreate" my little lost slipper, and make a memory for some one else to look back on with the same pleasure and joy as I have! Thank you so much again, warmest wishes, Penny

Using Old Christmas Cards
Using Old Christmas Cards
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations CraftsDecember 6, 2006
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
🎉
🎄