Reception Hall Ideas

I am in the process of planning my wedding but who knew they could be so expensive? I have been looking for reception halls for the past 4 months and I've come up with places that would require me to have 3 part time jobs. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I would prefer to keep it out of city owned places. Can someone help?

PrettiEyez from Northern NJ

How fancy are you wanting?? Have you tried places such as scout halls, VFW halls, 4H buildings....Our local bank rents out a room with a kitchenette for $25. We had no alchohol at ours, so it was free at our church. In fact, our entire wedding and reception were under %500. Our rehersal dinner was $300, also rent free as it was at the church also. We had a very inexpensive, yet nice and elegant wedding and received numerous comments on how nice it was. One lady (who was a professional event planner) marveled over it, and said the focus stayed on us, the couple, rather than on a bunch of "fro fro".

If it's in the summer, you can usually use a park for a small fee. Do you know someone with a large back yard? Many churches offer free rooms to their members.

Depending on your preferences and the plans you've already made, here are some possibilities:

1. Our friends who recently married had planned on a catered meal in a rented hall, but found that using the large party room at their favorite restaurant and having the guests go to the buffet was much, much cheaper.

2. Do you or close friends or family live in a development with a community center (not city owned)? They are often free or inexpensive to use.

3. How about your workplace or your parents' workplace? Trusted employees at smaller companies sometimes have access to party rooms. The same is true of a few clubs and fraternal organizations. Being a member goes a long way

4. If you haven't chosen a date & time yet, consider a morning wedding. That made my wedding considerably cheaper - a large meal was not expected!

Have fun!

If you are doing no alcohol, why not look around at the churches in your area? Some of them will let you use them for no fee or a very small donation. Depending on the time of your wedding, have you considered outdoors? I am sure that if you look around, and maybe look "outside the box" as they say, you can find an inexpensive place.

VFW Halls can be very good check the site first.

Try DAV (Disabled American Veterans) they both

rent out the halls and at very good prices.

There is a firehouse station that rents out a very nice

room for meetings also. Try all.

Good Luck and enjoy your day.Or ask a friend/relative who lives in a condo as they have access to the "rec room" usually they are poolside

and nice and all they have to do is reserve it in advance. My cousin did this and it was gorgeous

and no fee!!! I had mine outside in a Park Presido Park ovelooking San Diego it was nice and only

$35.00 park fee. don't despair something will turn up.

Military bases are great places for receptions. Often they have a grassy area nearby, where you can hold the ceremony too. You can save a lot on costs on base simply on tax, but the whole package for a wedding and reception of about 130 was about $2500. And it was in a very beautiful location, right on the ocean in CA.

Most bases have websites that you can get information about different options on base.

You can't bring in your own caterer, but they have on-site caterers, and they have plenty of food options and the food at every wedding I've been to on a base -- and let's see -- it's been five -- at 4 different locations -- has all been very good.

Anyhow, hope this helps!

my sister did one at a church hall they catered and all it even had alcohol it was pretty reasonable a vfw hall is cheaper too hope that helps what about a rec center or ooohhh i know do you have a friend that lives in a condo or apt with a rec center there i rented my friends for a shower i had for really cheap!!!! like 70 bucks

Hey,

I just read your post. What have you found up here? My fiancee and I are willing to travel to find somewhere to have our family and closest friends, all 100 of us, but cannot find anywhere to have a frugal wedding in NYC's backyard. Please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it!

jenfer1971 at gmail dot com

Jennifer : )

Weddings ReceptionOctober 25, 2007
Wedding Reception
Decorating a Wedding Reception
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
Wedding Reception
Wedding Reception Wall Decorations
organizing a hall closet
Organizing Your Hall Closet
🎉
🎄