Step By Step 12 Days Of Christmas Gifts

I start off by making my cards. They are 3 1/2 inches tall by 3 inches wide. I use the poem from the 12 Days of Christmas song that I print on the inside. On the outside of the card, I have a sizzix die cut machine and I use different die cuts to decorate the outside. I use themed paper and bags. T

his year I am using different color snowflake themed wrapping paper and bags. My cards will match the colors: Day 1 - pink, Day 2 - purple, Day 3 - blue, Day 4 - yellow. Day 5 - red, Day 6 - green, and then start over. . . Day 7 - pink, etc. I will use different sizes, shapes, and colors of snowflakes. I make clear plastic envelopes to keep the cards in. When I receive something special, I like to scrapbook it, laminate it, or make clear cards to keep items such as these cards in. It's the little touches that mean so much!

I have number cookie cutters. I bake numbers 1-12, decorate them cute, and make enough cookies for each member in the family. If it's Day 1, and there are 5 members in the family, I bake #1 cookie shape, and include 5 cookies on a plate with the following days:

• Day 1: I buy an edible pear with an artificial tree with a bird clipped on it, or, a pear ornament hanging in an artificial tree with a bird clipped to the tree, #1 cookies, and card.
  • Day 2: A box of turtle chocolates and a bag of dove chocolates, #2 cookies, and card.
  • Day 3: A loaf of french bread, or 3 cornish game hens, #3 cookies, and card.
  • Day 4: A play cell phone, or, 4 party blow horns, or, 4 whistles, #4 cookies, and card.
  • Day 5: 5 glazed donuts,or, 5 gold bracelets, or, 5 gold rings found in the wedding section, and #5 cookies, and card.
  • Day 6: Carton of 6 eggs, #6 cookies, and card.
  • Day 7: 7 plastic swans, found in the baby shower section glued to a round styrofoam base with blue cellophane to make it look like water, #7 cookies, and card.
  • Day 8: A gallon of milk or eggnog with a whole plate full of #8 cookies, and card.
  • Day 9: I use 9 disco ball ornaments, or, 9 paper doll chain, I have also used 9 pair of croched boot ornaments, #9 cookies, and card.
  • Day 10: 10 plastic frogs attached to a rectangle styrofoam block standing in a long row with green cellophane to make it look "swampy", and included 10 paper crowns, or, Lord of the Rings DVD, #10 cookies, and card.
  • Day 11: Use a pipe from the snowman kit, 10 shiny pipecleaners, cheap music recorders from Wal-mart, #1 cookies, doubled, and card.
  • Ad

• Day 12: A play drum,or, use a paper mache box, make it look like a drum by using leather cording and foam for the top and on the inside of the box, add a hot cocoa mix and use it as a "drum" of cocoa, #1 and #2 cookies, and card.

At the end of the 12 days, we always leave them this poem:

Choosing you this holiday year,
Has brought US a ton of holiday cheer!

We hope ya'll had a blast,
This Christmas season has gone by so fast!

So as the next Christmas season roles around,
We hope that a family you choose will be found,

To receive this tradition of love and cheer,
To be passed on year after year!

By Leslie from Los Banos, CA

Holidays and Parties Christmas GiftsNovember 30, 2007
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Get Organized
Step by Step Guide To Get Organized
partridge in a pear tree
Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas
🎉
🎄