ReceptionWeddings

Inexpensive Wedding Reception Locations in Northern NJ

I need an affordable site to have my reception. I live in Clifton, NJ and would like to have the reception in Northern NJ. Any suggestions? Trying to spend $50 or less a person.

Javonna from Clifton, NJ

A friend of used the firehouse

WOW, I guess you need to come to MN! Are you talking reception? We did my son's 2001 and it was less than $10 per person. With a full sit down catered dinner--bride the last week switched from cold sandwiches, salads to roast beef, potatoes, gravy the whole thing. NO DIFFERENCE IN PRICE for the caterer. And the food was not ordered so the change was o.k.

Check with a local sports bar that has place for dancing later, local service clubs such as VFW, Legions, etc. Usually the rent is free if the dance is later. You can compromise on a band and fee.

My son #2 changed venue of the church for his wedding from METRO to small town local. $500 for the plain marriage in the church or FREE at hometown church. If we use the fellowship hall for reception it is $50.

I'm from jersey so I know what you mean they really care quite a bit for this kind of thing there so have you tried goodwill industries? In FL they have a banquet hall I was charged 20.00 for roast beef sit down with decorations another good place see if anyone in family is member of Italian American club, lions club,or moose or elks club they all have banquet halls which is where they make most of their money to operate but I think a family member has to be a member. At least that's how it was years ago but anyway call them and see. You'll be able to do it for way under 50.00 per person and have some of that budget left for all the other stuff. Good luck and congrads, d

I am getting married in August and my reception is at the Grand Chalet in Wayne $49.95 per person. The place is georgeous. The food is great and worth the money.

Try the Womans Club in Englewood NJ. It is a charmng historic carriagehouse.

www.wcecarriagehouse.com

We are planning to tie the knot this November 2012. We have the food covered, the dress covered, the grooms attire, and things of that nature are set. We are struggling to find a place. We would like to have all our family and friends attend, but that can add up to about 200 guests and we have a tight budget to cover the reception location. Any ideas for a location that would be indoors, cheap and accommodate a lot of people. We are not concerned with it being super formal.

Thanks.

By Sandra J.