Gift Card House

I wanted something fun to give as a gift to my niece for her wedding shower so I made a gift card holder she can use at the wedding. If she wants to, she can pass it down to friends. This is a great way to display her engagement picture or any fun photos of her and her new husband!

Approximate Time Approx. 3 hours

• 4 8x10 inch frames
  • lazy susan (the type you use to put things on)
  • screws
  • wood glue
  • Velcro
  • satin
  • batting
  • cardboard for top

Instructions:

First, use wood glue to glue all the frames together to form a box. Cut an 8x10 inch board out of some type of plywood for the bottom. Drill a hole in the center of spinning lazy susan. You need to bolt the wood to the spinning susan. Apply wood glue in a line on the bottom of wood and attach frames to base. Let dry overnight.

Next, you can work on a top. I took a piece of cardboard, 8x10 inches, and put a slit on the top big enough for cards to slide into. I used batting to make it look like a pillow and covered it with satin. I used strips of Velcro on the edges underside of the 8x10 inch cardboard so the top would not fall off.

When it is all dry, you put the cover on top and you have a nice display to sit on the gift table of the bride and groom.

very nice. how did you ever think of such a wonderful idea like this ?

This is so great! I like it so much better than the fruu-fruu wishing wells! I might do one of these for my nephew's wedding in September.

Very cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

It's very pretty! Is it strong enough to finish out the inside, hinge the top somehow and use it for a lot of OTHER wedding photos, such as the duplicates to pass out to friends, relatives, neighbors, etc.? And couldn't you use an old microwave turntable like used to come in the first or second microwave generations? God bless you. : )

This is really cute! It would also be nice for birthday and anniversary parties. The possibilities are endless...Great idea!

Tracy that is sooooooooooo neat.. May I share this with my scrapbooking friends in my online yahoo gorup? You can email me at travelqueen821@gmail.com Thanks Lynne

How big was your lazy susan? I'm thinking it has to be about 6" in diameter. IF it is, where did you find it at?

Just a wonderful idea.

Shouldn't that be an 8 x 8 board on the bottom?

Weddings Wedding Crafts DecorationsJuly 31, 2007
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Box
Making a Gift Card Box
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🎉
🎄