Renewing VowsWeddings

Planning a Vow Renewal Ceremony With a Fire Theme

I have decided to do a fire theme vow renewing wedding. The reason for the fire theme is because I feel after six years of being together and almost 5 years of being married, our flame is still burning bright. My question is, how do I go about planning a fire themed wedding? I'm at a loss. I have colors picked out (kind of), but I have no idea about what to do for the rest. I'm completely drawing a blank. Please help.

By Chantelle from Vadnais Heights, MN

Answers

I would think that you would want to utilize candles in your ceremony and reception. Perhaps doing the all the lighting of the ceremony in candle light. You don't say when or where your day is being held if it is casual enough you could have a portable fire pit outdoors ( or more then one) and have a smores station to serve for your dessert while serving bananas flambe, baked Alaska, or cherries jubilee (all are flaming I think) if dessert is to be served inside. I have seen many fire and ice displays for vodka bars using ice sculpted in the shape of flames while gas flames burn inside the sculpture. I realize this is probably out of budget but maybe it will give you a place to start.