Have a Swap for "New" Toys for Christmas

My daughter and her friends are not buying their children any new toys for Christmas. Instead, they are having a toy swap among themselves. Their kids will get all "new" toys without having to spend a dime!

That's a great idea! There is no need to spend as much as most of us do on Christmas "stuff" for anybody. When my boys were little and had way too many toys I would pick up 2/3 of what they had out and put it in 2 boxes. Then about once a month or when they got antsy I would collect all the toys out and give them a box of the "new" toys. They loved it. Of course, some things had to stay all the time. We can't really sleep without the Teddy!

i love that idea

Oh my goodness, I love this idea! What a money and time saver!! No Black Friday shopping for me next year. My 7 year old has so many toys and stuffies already, her room is starting to look like a toy store. With the holidays approaching and every aunt, uncle and all the grandparents spoiling their only neice/granddaughter it can only get worse. Every 3 months or so we try to go through her toys with her and she will pick out some to donate to the Urban Mission. We explain to her that there are other children that don't have as much as she does and that it's a nice thing to do. She really enjoys doing this and it helps to lighten the load when it comes to cleaning the bedroom. I wish her room looked this good all the time...it's why I take pictures right after we finish cleaning!

Toys on White Background
Saving Money on Toys
Holidays and Parties Christmas Helpful HintsDecember 2, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
homemade soap
Having a Craft Swap Party
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
"Swap Not Shop" Party Ideas
"Swap Not Shop" Party Ideas
🎉
🎄