AdviceChristmas

What is This Christmas Song?

Years ago I sang a Christmas carol at church. I would like all the words to it as I can't remember them all. What I do remember is the start, "Fair are the skies overhead", then it ends with "Sleep little manger child sleep". I would love to have all the words to this song and the title too. Can anyone help me? Thanks for any help.

By Connie from Vandalia, OH

Answers

According to the link below it is called Christmas Lullaby by M.L. Kerr (1956) but didn't find any other reference to it. And there are hundreds of songs with that same title according to allmusic.com site. Plus many times songs are known by different titles in other areas of the country.

Perhaps another reader will recall the song. You might check to see if a church or local library has hymnals for the lyrics. It sounds lovely. http://www.hymn  g/hymn/CC1956/d4

I see that same site has forums. Perhaps you could ask on there. http://www.hymnary.org/forum