Firestarters and Yule Log Gift

Recycle metal coffee cans by making firestarter kits with them. I have friends and family with fireplaces (who also camp). I've made the firestarters with melted candles over sawdust in egg cartons and pine cones before. Toss them in baskets from the Goodwill.

This year I plan to paint the cans with winter scenes and place the firestarters inside with mint twigs for fragrant kindling, long matches and a long lighter, and pair it with a yule log. They can also fill the empty can with water in case the fire gets out of control

By Kim C.

Making a Yule Log
Making a Yule Log
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts HomemadeDecember 2, 2004
Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Pecan Marshmallow Log
Making a Pecan Marshmallow Log
Maple Yule Logs
Maple Yule Log Recipes