Decorating a Pond for a Wedding Reception

What can I use to decorate our 1 acre pond for my son's wedding reception in July?

R Kraemer from Central Mississippi

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I love the challenge of decorating water, try using wreaths of flowers floating around the waters edge. One wedding I did I made swans out of balloons with the male swan wearing a top hat! you also if you use your imagination you can float candles on water to using a base that floats, have fun with this!!!

Can you get flowering water plants? If the pond isn't too deep - you could put some statuary in it on pedestals...or have a boat/raft in it with flowers/decorated...I like the idea of floating candles, too...

I have seen ponds or small bodies of water decorated for weddings. You may want to call a rental place and see if you can rent a fountain for the middle of the pond. Where you would be renting it, I am sure the expense is far less than buying one. You can then illuminate the fountain, By setting up a spot light aimed for the fountain. And the spot light can just set back in the distance hidden by trees or shrubbs. Also, A very pretty idea is to buy real looking white flowers (plastic will float better than silk) and scatter bunches of white flowers accross the pond. And Again, Any idea you think of, You will want to still illuminate this with a spot light! You can also find white plastic swans, That can just sit atop the water.

The pond sounds like a lovely effect for a wedding setting!

Best Wishes! :)

Jackie,

From Massachusetts

I used to work in a very large estate home and we used to put votive candles in those round glass single candle holders and float them on the pond. The light would reflect off the glass and the water and is very beautiful as they meander around. The round globe holders can be purchased by the case at Costco or Michael's Crafts I think. Not that expensive and reusable.

FLOATING CANDLES AND YOU CAN MAKE BOUIES OUT OF BALLOONS AND FLOAT THEM IN THE POND ALSO TRY COLORING THE WATER WITH THE WEDDING COLORS THEY SELL THE COLORS AND MOST FARM AND FLEET STORES

Beautiful Swan
Decorating a Pond for a Wedding
Weddings DecorationsApril 25, 2007
Wedding Reception
Decorating a Wedding Reception
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
Controlling Algae in a Pond
Controlling Algae in a Pond
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 5:48:57 AM on 10.0.2.19 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.