1. Take one tinsel stem, tuck end over, and shape into an arc. Tuck the other end over.
2. Take another tinsel stem and fold it in half.
3. Twist the folded end, leaving a small hole. Shape into an arc.
4. Thread the first stem through the hole of stem #2.
5 Take the 2 loose ends of stem #2 and wrap them around stem #1 (see illustration).
6. Shape the two strands of stem #2 into the shape of a heart and stand them upright on stem #1.
7. Tuck the ends of tinsel stem #3, and shape into an arc like stem #1. Place it under stem #1. Stems 1 and 3 the base of your tiara.
8. Thread needle with upholstery thread.
9. Make a slipknot around one end of the base and tighten to join the stems.
10. String a bead onto the threaded needle, making sure it goes to the far end. Wrap the thread around the base, wrapping them together and keeping the bead on the outside.
11. Repeat step number 10 around the base until you reach the upright half-hearts.
12. Repeat step 10, going up and around one, then back and around the other, returning to where you left the base.
13. Repeat step number 10 around the rest of the base, making a slipknot at the end to finish.
14. Voila! One Terrific Tiara for your special princess.
Also see the Beaded Magic Wand.
Add your voice to the conversation.