We love Halloween and start celebrating October 1. We do at least one different Halloween activity every day leading up to October 31, and most don't require spending money.
Sounds like fun - could you write down what you do for each day of the month of October?
Here's a list of 31 things, although you'll see some are specific to our region. Happy Halloween!
1. Get out Halloween decorations
2. Have a Halloween drink with our pumpkin cups
3. Submit grocery store coloring contest entries and pick out free pumpkins
4. Make Halloween craft out of felt pieces
5. Attend "spider" story time at the library (and more themed library activities)
6. Have a Halloween bath in the dark with Halloween music playing and using our Ghost-shaped bath mitts and Halloween soap
7. Get out Halloween books and borrow stacks of Halloween books from the library
8. Reserve Halloween DVDs from the library ("Spookley" and "Monster House")
9. Visit party store to look at all the Halloween decorations
10. Go to craft store and buy Halloween stickers (super cheap - less than $1)
11. Make Halloween treats like sugar cookies with black sugar, rice krispy treats with pumpkin-shaped sprinkles, a ghost-shaped cake
12. Make healthy pumpkin donuts for breakfast
13. Read Halloween stories in the tent in the backyard after dark with lanterns
14. Make up Halloween games like "Chubby Ghost" where we take turns putting a marshmallow in our mouth and saying "Chubby Ghost." Whoever fits the most marshmallows in their mouth wins.
15. Go on a haunted hayride and pumpkin carving contest
16. Attend "Halloween Spooktacular" at a local bookstore
17. Get dressed up in last year"s Halloween costumes and read Halloween stories wearing them
18. Play Halloween computer games free online
19. Make monster masks out of paper grocery store bags
20. Spend a day in Salem, Massachusetts
21. Attend Halloween events at the zoo
22. Dance to Halloween music
23. Decorate, paint and/or carve pumpkins
24. Make Halloween costumes
25. Attend a pumpkin festival
26. Display all of the kid's Halloween artwork from school
27. Wear Halloween novelty clothes that I got last year after Halloween for 75% off
28. Get out the Halloween activity books
29. Make orange play-dough
31. Convert all of the pumpkins into Thanksgiving decorations
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!