DecorationsWeddings

Garden Post Wedding Decorations

Category Decorations

These are beautiful and easy to make. I used small paint buckets to do this because they were white and we had pastel colors but you could use any pot that would fit your theme or colors.

Fill each pot 3/4 of the way full with plaster of Paris. Insert into the center of plaster one 6-8 foot piece of PVC. Add flowers around the PVC pipe and let the plaster dry. I left the PVC pipe white but you could always spray paint it before you put it in the pot.

Now you can wrap ribbon around the post too. At the top I took long lengths of ribbon and tucked them inside with a piece of tape to hold them in place. Then I made a bouquet to put into the top.

With the streamers hanging down they looked like May poles. For any evening wedding you could string small christmas lights from the top to the bottom so that the plugs could be plugged in. These are also easy to transport for outdoor use.

By Debra in Colorado