Arizona Christmas Charities

How do I find help for my kids for Christmas?

By Mandi from Queen Creek, AZ

Call the department of social services and ask if they know where you can receive help. Most places the Salvation Army sponsors some type of help. However where I live most of the charities that help do have income guidelines. Just because a person is having a difficult time right now, doesn't mean that their income will qualify. Just as an example I know a woman who thought she could get out of paying child support to her "ex" because she lost her job more than a year ago, but she had to take in her last income tax papers, and the papers showing how much she received in a severance package. and she has to pay child support, and all she has done is squander the severance package, and a really large income tax refund.

All each kid in a family really needs is one gift and that doesn't even have to be an expensive one. When my girls were 2-3 years old they always had a new dress to wear to the Sunday School program and when we got home after they were in bed they dress got wrapped and put under the tree. When we opened the gifts a week or two later they had forgot about seeing the dresses ahead of time, then they each got one cheap toy, none of which were advertised on TV. I start my shopping no later than February, and on a total income of $700 a monthly retirement social security, no pension or savings; I spend $20.00 each on my Aunt and cousin, $40.00 each on my two adult daughters, and $20.00 each on my four grandkids that range in age from 14-24. I have also told the grandkids that when they get into a significant other type relationship and will be having that person spend Christmas with me, that they no longer get a gift because I can't afford any more relatives. It can be done with planning ahead.

I volunteer for a national charity called Love, INC. They have offices all over the country. Click on this link to find one near you. They will be happy to help.

Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
Arizona Christmas Charities
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Michigan Christmas Charities
Oregon Christmas Charities
New Jersey Christmas Charities
Washington Christmas Charities