Themed Trees for Your Loved One

Maybe not every year, but as a special surprise, prepare a themed tree for your husband, partner, or child. One year, I made a Star Wars tree for my husband. I took a white plastic tree from the Dollar store, and decorated it with purple and blue lights. I continued with blue and silver and purple strings of beads and ornaments from the goodwill. I then wired my husband's old action figures onto the tree. And of course, Hallmark does make some Star Wars ornaments to buy. I used black velvet scraps for the tree skirt, and had the tree ready and waiting for him when he came home from work one night. It was a special moment. I think this is the kind of gesture that can get the guys involved in Christmas decorating if they are resistant.

Using what ornaments you already have and being creative; you could make a cat and dog tree, a family photo tree, a baby's first Christmas tree, a senior year tree, maybe others have themed tree ideas to share. Enjoy!

By Amy from Cedar Hill, TX