Themed Trees for Your Loved One

Maybe not every year, but as a special surprise, prepare a themed tree for your husband, partner, or child. One year, I made a Star Wars tree for my husband. I took a white plastic tree from the Dollar store, and decorated it with purple and blue lights. I continued with blue and silver and purple strings of beads and ornaments from the goodwill. I then wired my husband's old action figures onto the tree. And of course, Hallmark does make some Star Wars ornaments to buy. I used black velvet scraps for the tree skirt, and had the tree ready and waiting for him when he came home from work one night. It was a special moment. I think this is the kind of gesture that can get the guys involved in Christmas decorating if they are resistant.

Using what ornaments you already have and being creative; you could make a cat and dog tree, a family photo tree, a baby's first Christmas tree, a senior year tree, maybe others have themed tree ideas to share. Enjoy!

By Amy from Cedar Hill, TX

Victorian Christmas tree
Christmas Tree Theme Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeDecember 11, 2007
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Cottonwood Tree
Getting Rid of Cottonwood Roots
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees