Make Christmas Wish Books For Your Kids

When I and my nieces were younger, my older sister (also their mother) would make up books for us to choose our Christmas gifts. She would take pictures of toys from ads and catalogs and cut them out and paste them in the book. She would give us the book and tell us to look through and circle all the things we wanted for Christmas. She did this for quite a few years.

I don't know how old we were before we found out that the items were things she had already bought, maybe on sale or outlets earlier in the year. She cut out the pictures of things she was giving us anyway, and we were so happy to get all the things we circled in the book!

By Amy from Ashville, Ohio

I laughed out loud when I read this one! What a cute idea, and such a neat memory! Thanks for sharing.

Your sister is a genius!

You know that is such a smart idea I'll bet there will be lots of people starting that now that you've spread the word! Your sister sounds like a great manager of people!

About the 1st of Nov. my father would tape up 4 sheets of foolscap inside 4 cupboard doors, one for each child. We were to itemize our requests. As typical of children we changed our minds frequently and would scribble out one we'd lost interest in and add new ones. About mid Dec. the lists would come down. We didn't get everything on the list but some of the items appeared if within the budget.

Parenting General Parenting AdviceNovember 11, 2008
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Study Table With Books
Decorating With Books
Book Lamp
Crafts Using Books
🎄