Easy Witch Costume

This is a picture of my niece, Tehra (a few years back), in her homemade witch's costume. That particular year, she needed a Halloween costume, but money was tight, so my mom and I made her this costume at a cost of probably $2 or so!

Her witch's dress was two leftover pieces of black material that I sewed together into a very simple a-line dress (and trust me, I'm not a good seamstress)!

Her necklace was a piece of curling ribbon with a glow-in-the-dark plastic star hot glued onto it. Her wand was a stick, painted purple, with sparkly curling ribbon and decorative Halloween wire with spiders on it.

The only thing that probably cost anything was her plastic witch's hat! I think she just wore black shoes to complete the costume. It was very easy to make, but as you can see, she looked REALLY cute! We were glad the costume turned out so well, and cost so little to make.

By Lisa from WI

Adorable lil one!

Another way to make a wand for witches, magicians, angels, and all.

Put double-stick tape around the end of a dowel. At one end, wrap ribbon around the dowel to stick and then wrap it around the dowel at an angle all the way down to cover the dowel. Hot glue, staple or pin on the accessories you like.

Old wrapping ribbon curls are good, as are any little things from the junk drawer, party drawer, sewing/knitting staples or toy stash.

What a cutie!!

She's precious and what a great costume!

An excellent costume. Great idea. Very creative. You could probably do a fairy godmother version, too, with silvery material instead of black.

Hey i love my aunty for making this witch costume and my aunt sue!!!and puting me in the thiftyfun xoxoxoxox i thank u all for reading this and saying i`am very cute i like u guys for thinking my pic was very adorable and pretty and i like u guys for exporting my aunts and aunt sues witch costume!!!!! :-)

Making a Witch Costume
Making a Witch Costume
Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 13, 2006
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Witch Broom
Making a Witch Broom
Making a Batgirl Costume
Making Witch Cupcakes
🎉
🎄