Baby Food Jar Santa Candy Jar

This is a vintage pattern that I used many years ago. But is still a popular recycle craft. It is a Santa candy jar made from a baby food jar.

Baby Food Jar Santa Candy Jar

Instructions:

Trace patterns pieces on light cardboard. Lay on felt and trace around with ball point pen and cut out. Spread glue around edge of jar lid. Position base of hat over glue. Spread more glue over base of hat and add white strip for "fur". Let dry completely. Spread a thin line of glue along side edge of hat for a couple inches from tip toward the base. Line up edges and press together. use clips, if necessary, to hold the pieces together until the glue is dry. Pull point of hat down to cover gap where lid shows and glue to edge of hat and glue to the edge of the hat. Glue white pompom to the edge of the hat.

Spread glue on glass and position the cotton balls for the beard as shown. Position mouth behind Santa's mustache and glue in place. Glue mustache in place above the beard, leaving room for the red pompom nose and eyes. Glue nose and eyes in position. Fill jar with peppermint or cinnamon candies. To protect the beard while storing or shipping, slip candy jars into individual plastic sandwich bags.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas

The full instructions are also in a PDF file for which you may need Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader

Click Here to download the Santa Claus Candy Jar Instructions in PDF format.

Baby Food Jar Santa Candy Jar

About The Author: Harlean Greathouse is a mother of three who has been married for 45 years. Long time readers of ThriftyFun will probably recognize her as Harlean from Arkansas, the name she has posted under as a valuable member of the ThriftyFun community. She specializes in wood crafts and enjoys designing crafts using recyclable materials, knitting, crochet and has been an arts and crafts vendor for over 35 years.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Love it!

I just wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed the craft patterns that you've shared with us. Thank You!

Very cute! my mom used felt instead of cotton balls and she made them when we (kids) were little and every year our Santa candy jar was filled with Christmas colored m&m's. It's a very special tradition that I love still.

This is a kickback from the 70's and I still love it. I will be making these with the little kids I work with.,

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Crafts Christmas DecorationsDecember 13, 2008
A baby eating organic baby food.
Making Your Own Organic Baby Food
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 12:23:26 PM on 10.0.1.65 in 797 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.