Acorn Christmas Wreath

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. Just wanted to share my idea for a wreath my daughter and I made one Christmas.

What You Need:

• a metal coat hanger
  • string of white mini lights
  • a lot of acorns
  • gold or silver spray paint
  • a drill with a drill bit (large enough to put coat hanger through holes in acorns.

How to Put Together:

1. Drill holes through acorns.
  2. Spray paint them gold or silver or both, let dry.
  3. Untwist hanger and string the acorns onto hanger, shape hanger into a circle and twist hanger ends back together.
  4. Starting at the top of hanger wrap lights around acorns and end in the middle at the bottom and in back.
  5. Find a place you want to hang wreath, hang it and make sure there is enough string to reach to the outlet you will use.
  6. By Barb from Sioux Falls, SD

That sounds really cute!! I'd love to see a picture if you have one, thanks for sharing!

two acorns
Crafts Using Acorns
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations CraftsDecember 20, 2005
Acorn Squash
Freezing Acorn Squash
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Crocheted Wreaths
Making a Crocheted Wreath
Christmas Wreath
Making a Christmas Wreath