Crafts Using Acorns

Category Nature
two acorns
These interesting, naturally occurring tree nuts can be incorporated in a number of craft projects. This page contains crafts using acorns.

If you have a oak tree on your property or can get to one, here is a cute man made from the acorns.

Approximate Time 15 minutes

Materials

Instructions

Gather acorns and clean off dirt. Then all you have to do is glue the acorns together as in picture. You can put a face on with paint or marker if you like. If you don't have an oak tree with the big acorns you can use the small ones for the head and body.

By Sandy from Bluff City, TN

Top Comment

How cute!! And so simple and inexpensive! Just as an added thought, these could even make a cute Christmas tree decoration with a bit of red and/or green ribbon (for a scarf around the neck, hanger on the acorn cap, and maybe a bit of white cotton ball glued around the bottom of the cap for fur?). Thanks for sharing! Leah

I spray acorns with gold paint, and tie with a ribbon. I hang them on my Christmas tree. I pick a large acorn and insert cloves in each groove and tie a ribbon and hang them in the toilet and bathroom. It freshens the air.

By Dorty from SA

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. Just wanted to share my idea for a wreath my daughter and I made one Christmas.

What You Need:

How to Put Together:

1. Drill holes through acorns.
  2. Spray paint them gold or silver or both, let dry.
  3. Untwist hanger and string the acorns onto hanger, shape hanger into a circle and twist hanger ends back together.
  4. Starting at the top of hanger wrap lights around acorns and end in the middle at the bottom and in back.
  5. Ad

6. Find a place you want to hang wreath, hang it and make sure there is enough string to reach to the outlet you will use.
  7. By Barb from Sioux Falls, SD