Nature Stick Ornament
June 4, 2007
30 minutes after collecting sticks
- sticks collected on a walk that measure 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter (approximately 10 for each ornament)
- aerosol hair spray
- large plastic bag
- gardening shears
- red spray paint
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- feathers in your choice of color approximately 2 inches long
- Go on a walk and collect sticks. Put them in a plastic bag and spray with hair spray this will help get rid of any bugs. Tie the bag closed and let sit overnight.
- Cut ten sticks approximately 8 inches long for each ornament. Place the cut sticks on a plastic bag and spray lightly with the red spray paint, moving the sticks around on the bag to cover all sides of the stick with the spray paint. It is alright if some of the stick shows though. Let dry.
- Cut two strands of twine approximately 45 inches long, fold both strand of twine in half to find the center. Then take one end of the stick and slide it into the one folded strand of twine and tie a knot around the stick approximately 1 inch in on the stick. Then with the other strand of twine repeat on the opposite end of the stick tying a knot. Place another stick on top of the first one and tie that stick into place on both ends. Continue to add the remaining sticks in the same way until all 10 sticks are tied into place. Then bring all four strands of the twine together and tie a knot for a hanger. Trim off the excess twine approximately 1 inch from the knot.
- Take approximately 10 strands of raffia approximately 20 inches long and tie a bow, the way you would tie a shoe with two loops. Glue the bow in the center of the 3rd sick down.
- Glue the three feathers just under the bow with the two on the outside facing slightly out and one in the middle.
By Catherine from Livingston Manor, NY
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.