Craft Project: Lace Fans
Delicate fans to decorate with. They would make adorable favors for a wedding shower too.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 4 inch wide lace
- thin ribbons, coordinating colors
- wider ribbon for bow
- string to hang
- hot glue
- Elmer's glue
- small paint brush
- marker to match ribbons and beads
- Cut your lace about 15 inches long.
- Fold like an accordion and press very well with an iron.
- Mix 1 part Elmer's glue with 1 part water, about 3 tbsp each. With paint brush "paint" the entire length of lace lightly. Let dry and refold, the fold marks will remain.
- Choose a marker that will match your ribbon and beads. Mark all the edges of the fan, just at the tips as you can see in pic.
- Choose about 3 colors of thin ribbon. Take one and tie at one side of your fan. Tie tightly and knot. Tie the other 2 ribbons at same place. Let ribbon ends hang loose, cutting tips on an angle. Take the thicker ribbon and make a bow. Attach to the knotted area of your thin ribbons with hot glue.
- Add a bead to the center of the bow. Add beads along the pleats at the top of your fan and a couple at the base as shown in picture.
- Any kind can be used, beads or pearls. I used Swarovski crystals for a sparkle.
- Attach a string to the top to hang. If you'd rather you can hot glue a magnet button to the back and hang on fridge.
Note: Make these in colors to match holiday decor for a cute addition to your gift packages. Use beads matching your wedding party to use as favors at a shower.
By Myst from Muncie, IN
January 11, 20110 found this helpful
These are perfect for gift packages. Good idea.
Thanks for sharing it.
November 4, 20160 found this helpful
January 12, 20110 found this helpful
Really cute. Thanks for the stiffening tip.
January 14, 20110 found this helpful
Adorable little Victorian touches to add to a large variety of items including other crafts. Thank you for great instructions for the nicely done craft idea. I also appreciate the tip on stiffening the lace to hold the pleats. Lee
January 15, 20110 found this helpful
This is lovely and easy to make craft. Thanks for sharing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 5, 2016 at 3:45:06 AM on 10.0.0.69 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us