How to Make Holiday Candy Lights

Holiday Candy Lights. I am looking for directions on how to make a string of mini Christmas lights into a string of wrapped candies. It used mini lights, cellophane and little clear plastic cups. Would like to make these for Christmas. Anyone have the directions for these?

Thanks!

Mark T from WLA, CA

About 10 years ago, I saw a darling holiday "candies" decoration. The woman who made it used clear plastic food containers - small and of differing sizes and shapes. She then wrapped each in colored cellophane and tied the tufted ends so the brightly covered containers looked like candies. As I recall the garland of "candies" was hung up with a string of lights intertwined. The containers each had a top and bottom; the effect was of a 3D candy.

You know the type of small container; it abounds

(and often sadly isn't a #1 or #2 plastic which could be more easily recycled). Every supermarket offers sandwiches, cookies, cake slices and so on in this type of container. Delis use them a lot.

The candy garland I saw was absolutely marvelous and enjoyed a healthy shelf life. Its maker told me it had lasted for several years. Hope this helps!

Several years ago I made these lights, I used clear food containers I bought at the restaurant supply store (I'm not sure if they still sell them) I put them over clear miniature lights and 3 lights fit perfectly on the inside, I skipped 1 light and put another clear plastic container. And I use 2 small clear soup bowls stapled around 2 lights, I staple them shut, various colors the cellophane , wrap each light box, with a twist ties on each end , and they looked like a string of candy, I have strung them around the yard on PVC pipe to try to keep people out of my yard and walking through my holiday display.

Babbie CA

Crafts Christmas DecorationsNovember 11, 2007
Christmas Lights in Hands
Uses for Christmas Lights
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Classic Christmas Tree
Putting Lights on a Christmas Tree
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 11:41:53 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.