Candy Cane Rice Krispie Treats
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 254 Posts
November 17, 2021
These festive treats are super simple to make and really delicious. They make perfect gifts or a great addition to a holiday party.
- 6 Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 16 oz. bag mini marshmallows (Melt 7 cups and add the rest at the end).
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- mini candy canes
- 5 Tbsp butter
First you are going to make rice Krispie treats as usual but you will extra butter and marshmallow, because...yum!
- Start by melting 5 Tbsp. of butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Add 7 cups of mini marshmallows to the pan and stir until they have melted.
- Once melted, you will want to work quickly. Remove the pan from heat and add in the 6 cups of rice cereal and stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Let it sit a minute or so until it has cooled a bit and add in the rest of the mini marshmallows and stir until well combined. You want these to be whole and not melt in.
- Sprinkle 1/4 - 1/2 cup crushed candy canes into the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan (or lined with parchment paper). I used a square 8x8 so that the treats are nice and thick.
- Cover with a piece of plastic and press down so that the treats are even and compacted. If you have a pan of the same size you can use that to press the treats into the pan.
- Evenly place 6 mini candy canes on top of the treats and press down slightly.
- Now sprinkle the rest of the crushed candy canes on top and press down lightly.
- Place in the fridge to cool. Once cooled, remove from the pan and cut into rectangles. If giving as a gift you may want to wrap each treat in plastic wrap.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.