Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Santa Soap

Santa decorated soap.

Make this quickie for a child using, kids' bubble bath or spray foam. For a teacher, use hand soap or hand sanitizer.

Time to Make: 10 minutes
Cost: About $3.

Materials:

• 1 bottle bubble bath, spray foam, shower gel, or liquid hand soap
  • 1 red hand towel or wash cloth (single hand towels in red are easier to find)
  • 1 white bath mesh sponge
  • 3 rubber bands, red is best
  • ribbon scraps for trim and tag
  • 1 red pom pom
  • 1 scrap red card stock
  • black marker, tape, tacky glue

Instructions:

1. Attach mesh sponge to front of bottle, about half way down, with rubber band as shown for Santa's "beard."
  2. For his hat, fold hand towel in half and wrap around top of bottle, placing the fringe at the top and leaving about 3 inches below for Santa's face. Secure to bottle with second rubber band as shown in photo.
  3. Gather fringe and secure with third rubber band.
  4. Draw eyes on bottle and attach pom pom for nose with tacky glue.
  5. Attach wide ribbon to cover rubber band on bottom of hat with masking tape.
  6. Cut out a gift tag and punch a whole in the top. Write: "North Pole Brand Santa Soap".
  7. Tie thin ribbon over rubber band on top of hat, leaving 4-inch tails. Attach tag and tie a bow.

By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Isobel Gregory [11]03/10/2009

I love this idea - I do a lot of work with children and this will be put on my list. Thank you, Isobel

By Paula [14]12/11/2006

Thanks again, Cindy, for your idea. I just got done making one for my friend and it came out so cute!

By J. Cerar (Guest Post)11/29/2006

Wow.. Woman... you are so talented...!
Great craft.... thanks.

By kelly (Guest Post)11/28/2006

This is SOOO cute. Thank you for sharing!

By suzanne [240]11/28/2006

I AGREE I LOVE THIS IDEA. SO CUTE !! ADDED IT TO MY BOOKMARKS , CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE IT

RE: Santa Soap

By Paula [14]11/28/2006

This is a very ingenious idea! Thank you for sharing it. I would never have thought to use the bath mesh for the beard!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.