Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Making Money at Christmas Time

What is a legitimate way for a creative mom to make extra christmas money? Lost job recently and have zero savings. I need real resources. Anything you can suggest would be greatfully appriciated.

Beachers from LA, CA

By Denise12/17/2008

I made money by handwriting addresses on envelopes for older adults. In some circles it is good form - Advertised my service in neighborhood paper. Also advertised "personal assistant" because many people need help shopping and wrapping.

By Wendy12/01/2008

Hey, nothing is easier than Xmas contests! Minimum effort and you get quite nice sum. Just find a company..well,in fact there are lots of them.E.g. Flashmint offers $850 for a photo or blog post..just sit at home and earn.Good luck!

By Wendy (Guest Post)12/01/2008

Hey, nothing is easier than Xmas contests! Minimum effort and you get quite nice sum. Just find a company..well,in fact there are lots of them.E.g. Flashmint offers $850 for a photo or blog post. Just sit at home and earn. Good luck!

By Rick11/05/2008

Hi Beachers -

Try this to make some extra money immediately

It's no secret that one of the fastest ways to generate some quick cash is to sell stuff around the house that you don't use anymore . . .

But even if you're an Olympic gold medalist "pack rat" like me, you'll soon run out of things to unload.

So go to http://www.ExtraMoneyForChristmas.com and download my FREE report that explains one of the absolute best strategies I know for finding an endless supply of items at NO cost.

In the mini-report, you will learn *exactly* how to find FREE stuff to sell . . .

Then it's up to you whether to have a garage sale, advertise for free on Craigslist or hold an auction on eBay . . . whatever cash you rake in will be almost pure profit!

Hope that helps ...

Merry Christmas to you and your family !!!

Frontrunner

RE: Making Money at Christmas Time

By Rick11/05/2008

Hi Beachers -

Hope that helps ...

Frontrunner

RE: Making Money at Christmas Time

By Money2008 (Guest Post)12/22/2007

Best Easy Ways To Make Money Online At Home is a top resource for all that are looking for easy ways to make money on the internet at home without the typical headaches involved with running an internet home based money making business.
You may try this-
http://www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=sid4444

By Dana (Guest Post)11/06/2007

I agree with the others who have suggested making money online. You might want to check out this site for additional resources:

http://earn-home.blogspot.com/

By badwater [242]12/10/2005

Have a major cleaning out of your home clutter, & have a yard sale, in your garage. Make a crockpot full of homemade soup or chili & sell cups of it to your customers, also maybe do some holiday baking, wrap it in plastic wrap for all to see & sell them, to people who don't have the time to bake. If you do crafts, have a craft sale, your customers could buy for Christmas gifts. Also, suggestive selling, it helps. You could say something like, "do you have anyone hard to buy for, how about some xxxxx?" Tell them what you have available for the hard person to buy for. You could give suggestions on how to use an item you have for sale, maybe some folks wouldn't know how to use it the way, you know how to. Make it a yardsale they won't forget about none too soon.

By flower533346893 at aol.com (Guest Post)11/29/2005

hello do you have to pay a fee to join ebay how does it work

By Susanna (Guest Post)11/29/2005

A couple years ago I was looking for a way to make some fast money for the holidays and I had a brainstorm. I just walked into a caterers' (office and kitchen were in one place) and asked if they needed prep help. They practically put an apron on me right then and there. Plus I was able to negotiate a fair wage above minimum because they needed help, and I was ready to just go on to the next caterer if necessary. This works if you have your spouse or family member caring for little ones- my little one was 19 so I was even able to bring her with me a couple days when they were really busy and she made a couple bucks too !

By Leslie Hess [3]11/29/2005

Ebay is a great idea. My husband and I sell our son's outgrown clothing as well as toys. Gently used electronics and CD's also sell. Even a few dollars an item starts to add up.

Some of these have been suggested but thought I would post again.

Wrap presents
Do grocery shopping for others
Do Christmas shopping for others
Clean houses - especially for someone that is hosting this holiday season
Do Laundry
Babysit while parents shop or just need that night out

I was a stay at home mom and was in need of money during the holidays. There was a hometown pharmacy that held an open house every year. They served cookies, coffee and punch. After visiting the open house one year, I approached them the next year and asked if they would be interested in buying homemade cookies from me. They were very happy to have the offer. I made 6 to 8 different kinds of cookies and baked about 6 dozen each for them. At the same time, I baked for my own use. This did take a little planning but I was home with my son and this was great money. Offer this to individuals, it doesn't have to be a business.

Let all of your family and friends know what you are doing. If you can, print up your personal information and hand it out along with what you are doing. Ask people to pass your info on.

Think of anything that you would have loved to have a little help with while you were working. Offer this as a service.

Good luck and God bless
CRMom

By Linda Howe11/28/2005

Many parents need baby sitters in December so they can go shopping or attend adult Christmas parties.

If you love animals you could animal sit while people are out of town.

If you enjoy wrapping gifts offer a gift wrapping service. If you have room you could even offer to store Santa presents at your home until they are needed.

Or you could help someone decorate their home.

What ever service you offer post it at the grocery store and your church. Tell everyone what you want to do and they will help you spread the word. We all can use some extra help this time of year.

Love & Prayers,
Linda

By Lisa Kless [22]11/27/2005

I make some extra money by selling on eBay. So far this month, I've been able to buy many of my parent's Christmas gifts from the profits I've made selling. It's really pretty simple once you get started. I mainly sell my son's gently used, outgrown clothing, but I've also sold video tapes that we no longer watch, costume jewelry I don't wear anymore, books, etc. It's surprising how much I have around the house that I've been able to list on eBay. It helps me clear out things I don't need/use, plus I earn some extra money. eBay is pretty user-friendly--the selling form is easy to fill out, and they have tutorials to help answer your questions. You might consider trying that. Otherwise, are there any companies in your area hiring holiday help? It would be something you could do just temporarily, but still earn some extra money. Best of luck to you!

By Doreen [1]11/27/2005

Maybe at this time of year neighbours, ex-coworkers might need someone to shop for them?