Alternative to Flower Petals for Flower Girl to Scatter

I am having problems on what to have the flower girl scatter down the aisle. I do not want to use flower pedals. I am having an outside wedding and do not want to clean up after the wedding. Does anyone know of something that would not have to be picked up that you can still see? I was thinking bird seed, but it is really small. Please help.

By Michelle from AL

Don't have them scatter anything. Just let them walk down the aisle holding a basket or bouquet of flowers.

How about blowing bubbles or waving a bubble wand?

Use birdseed. No cleanup and the birds will love you.

I agree with OliveOyl. I haven't been to a wedding for many years, and that is what the flower girls did where I live.

My first thought was glitter as it comes in different colors and while the sun is shining, it should add some outdoor enhancement and can be left in the lawn afterwards. The next mowing should cover most of the sparkle effect.

My sister-in-law used rice paper confetti outdoors at her wedding. It's biodegradable and very pretty! You might see it marketed as eco-confetti or something similar.

I agree with several people about using bird seed. It may be small and during the "walk" might be hard to see on hte ground, but once the "walk" is over the birds will gather and will be fun to watch eating the seeds! Plus it'll keep them away from your other festivities where you don't want them to be.

Yeah, OliveOyl - I agree with you - just walk with a cute little basket that looks like it's gonna spill it's flowers!

I've seen this on TV before; The flower girl came down the aisle saying, "The bride is coming! The bride is coming!" And she was ringing a little bell. That was cute, and nothing to clean up.

Our guests blew bubbles as we came out of the church and the bubbles even showed up in the photos!

I got married in the Fall and didn't want rose petals thrown nor did I want to clean them up. We hand selected leaves and filled the basket with them & my flower girl thought that was a pretty neat idea. Easy & no clean up! Good Luck!

Flower Girl Smiling in Front of Bride and Groom
Frugal Flower Girl Tips
Weddings AdviceFebruary 5, 2010
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dutch Girl Costume
Dried rose pedals in the shape of a heart.
Drying Rose Petals
American Girl Doll With White Hat, Braids and Sweater
Saving Money on an American Girl Doll
🎄