Robot Costume for a 3 Year Old

I need an easy idea to make a robot costume for a 3 year old boy who is 3' 9" and weighs 40 lbs.
Thanks for your help!

By shortytlk from WV

My favorite Halloween costume growing up was a robot costume my parents made when I was about 7 years old. Obviously a little bigger than your son, but I think the basics could still work! They took a box and cut out a hole for my head and arms (could find at any craft store if you ask for an empty box). We covered it in tin foil to make it silver/shiny. Attached to the arms was dryer piping, the flexible/crinkly kind (prob could get pretty cheap at a Lowes or HD). For the head we just painted my face silver, and I had a headband that resembled the type of robot ears I had pictured for my costume. One of the more basic costumes we had ever put together, but the end result was great, and to this day I still have the fondest memories of that particular one over others!

Thanks so much! We are snowed in today, and I have most of the things you mentioned, so this will be a great project for us. Have a great day?