Preventing Pine Boughs From Leaking Sap

How can I stop pine sap from getting on everything when I use pine tree cuttings for decorating this fall?

By judyboody from Ashburn, VA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Dip the cut ends in hot candle wax :)

September 1, 2009 Flag

Is there a way to prevent freshly cut pine boughs from leaking sap?

Chippy from Toledo, OH

Answers:

Preventing Pine Boughs From Leaking Sap

I recently read that pine cones can be baked for a short time at low temp to harden the resin and prevent them from leaking. Could probably do the same thing w/the boughs. (12/13/2006)

By Tripleb

Preventing Pine Boughs From Leaking Sap

I would be leery of putting the boughs in an oven! Your bough is going to dry up pretty quickly and not be pretty. I usually take small pieces of aluminum foil and wrap it around, the end of the bough. (12/17/2006)

By Sharon

Preventing Pine Boughs From Leaking Sap

Sticking your pine boughs in the oven would be great if you wanted to roast marshmallows on the fire it would create, but I'm sure most of you wouldn't enjoy burning down your house. (01/06/2009)

By concerned

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts NatureSeptember 1, 2009
Pine needle bunches tied with fabric.
Crafts Using Pine Needles
Pine Cones
Getting Seeds From Pine Cones
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 10:13:24 PM on 10.0.1.7 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.