Making a Christmas Wreath with Book Pages

Category Decorations
Making a Book Pages Christmas Wreath
This is a guide about making a Christmas wreath with book pages. A beautiful and unique wreath can be created using the pages from an old book.

My husband is an avid book reader. He reads them and then places the books in three categories; keep, donate, and junk. I use the ones from the junk pile to upcycle, of course! Give this craft a try. It is my husband's twist on a Martha Stewart wreath. It's practically free!

Total Time: 90 minutes

Yield: 1 wreath

• 1 old book
  • 1 cardboard circle, at least 10" diameter
  • pen
  • glue
  • glue gun with glue in it
  • 3-6 circular items (old ornaments, hard candies, bottle caps, anything)
  • 1 soda can tab

1. Take the pages out of the book. You can tear them out; I used an X-Acto knife. Start rolling the pages into cone shapes, starting from the top. At the very end of the roll, add glue to the bottom and secure. Hold firmly for a few seconds so they don't unravel. I think I rolled about 60 for this wreath.
  2. Draw two circles on your cardboard circle. This will help you stay in nice circles as you glue on the cones in three layers.
  3. Ad

4. Heat up the hot glue gun and apply a small amount on to the cardboard, enough for two cones. If you try for more, the glue might start to solidify before you're ready to add more.
  5. Glue down your first, larger ring of cones. Start gluing on ring number two.
  6. Ad

7. When you've gone around with ring two, start with ring three, which for me was the final ring. You could always go for more if you're doing a bigger wreath.
  8. Ad

9. Now, with a good amount of hot glue, add in whatever circular items you've chosen. I went with 3 old small ornament balls and 3 old candies I found in the drawer (because I loved the red and I'm terribly thrifty!)
  10. Ad

11. Let dry for a few minutes. Flip over and hot glue your soda can tab to the back of the top of the cardboard circle. You can use this to hang your wreath on the wall. Make sure the big hole is completely off the cardboard.
  12. Dry for a moment, hang, and enjoy. Happy holidays!

This is a really neat idea. I've seen one before and it was very pretty. It was made out of pages from a hymn book so it had a musical theme to it. Very nice~!

FUN

Thanks, Esther! It was overwhelming at first but quickly became super fun! ;)

I'm going to make one using music scores.