Making a Candy Cane Planter
Create this cute planter for the holidays and then eat it later. This is a guide about making a candy cane planter
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This candy cane planter makes a great centerpiece and you can eat the candy canes after the holidays are over.
- candy canes
- large soup can
- rubber bands
- wire-edged ribbon
- hot glue gun (optional)
- small potted plant
- Clean the can and remove the label. Then wrap a rubber band tightly around the can. Begin inserting candy canes behind the rubber band.
- Continue adding candy canes until the can is completely covered. The candy canes tend to tilt as they go around the can. Note: If you don't like this look, you can hot glue them to the can. Although this method makes it harder to remove and eat them later.
- Wrap a length of ribbon around the planer, hiding the rubber band. Secure it with a piece of wire. Then create a bow and wire it on too. Add a plant and enjoy your festive planter!
August 26, 20050 found this helpful
- glue gun
- glue sticks
- 40 individual wrapped candy canes, 6 inches long
- 1 empty food can from tomatoes or fruit (28-29 oz)
- Pipe glue from hot glue gun along the back of 1 candy cane (in wrapper) attach to the outside of the can so that the hook of the candy cane is at the top of the can and curves away from the can.
- Repeat with remaining candy canes to cover side of can.
- To give as a gift, add a 4 inch potted plant; a poinsettia, rosemary, or Christmas cactus looks really good.
November 30, 20160 found this helpful
Here is a cute planter made from candy canes and a recycled tin can. Learn how to make it in this short video.
In These Guides