Crafts Using Tin Cans

This is a guide about crafts using tin cans. Tin cans can be recycled into fun and useful craft projects.

This is a guide about making a recycled tin man. Recycle clean empty food cans into a delightful tin man for your home or garden.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

This is a guide about making a tin can robot. This is a great recycle project for you and the kids to make together.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about making a tin punch lantern. You can easily turn an empty tin can into a beautiful lantern.

Simply punch a pattern into its surface and place a candle inside to illuminate it.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

This is a guide about making a red floral tin can teacher's gift. Fill a decorated recycled tin can with fresh or paper flowers as a special gift for a favorite teacher.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide is about craft using tin can lids. A fun way to recycle is to make crafts using metal can lids.

These cute and inexpensive tin can decorations are perfect for a country themed wedding. Just clean ordinary tin cans and hot glue a square of styrofoam into the bottom, adding whatever silk flowers you choose.

One day I was looking at a large empty can of tomatoes that I was ready to throw in the recycling bin then for one reason or another I decided to paint it. This led to me making a hanging planter for a friend who I was giving a plant to from cuttings. Here's how to do it!

This is what I do with old cans. They make great gift "buckets".

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Use extra large vegetable cans.Take the top and bottom off of all but one. Keep the can with the bottom on it on the bottom.

We use lots of extra large sized tin cans of cheese and green beans. We put them in the refrigerator, and cover them with a margarine lid.

I used them for many things around the house. I gave my daughter one to make a project, since she crafts with duct tape a lot.

Learn how to make this recycled tin can craft in this step by step tin can frog container guide.

Use buttons and broken costume jewelry to decorate a pencil holder for your desk. This is a guide about making a button and jewel pencil holder.

This is a guide about making a candy cane planter. Create this cute planter for the holidays and then eat it later.

Creating decorative storage from recycled food cans is fun and allows for a lot of creativity. Painting your can with a happy little bumblebee is one idea.

This is a guide about how to make a recycled bumblebee can.

Recycle clean food cans into attractive desktop or craft tool organizers by decorating with wrapping or scrapbook paper. This is a guide about how to make make paper covered tin can organizers.

Reuse a clean tuna can for change or other small items. Decorate it with fabric for a simple or more elaborate container. This is a guide about making a fabric covered tuna can.

Recycled cans make good containers for pens and pencils and other office and craft supplies. This is a guide about decorated tin cans for office or craft storage.

By decorating or painting a clean soup can you can make an attractive and useful pen holder for your office or craft area. This is a guide about recycled soup can pen holder.

This is a guide about recycled tin can gift wrap. Repurpose your cans into great little gift containers.

Don't throw out those soup, vegetable, and fruit tin cans. You can use them to recycle into wonderful crafts.

You can make pencil holders. Just cover with fabric and ribbon with a hot glue gun.

Fill a clean can with water, and put it in freezer until it is frozen solid. Remove from freezer, and use a hammer and nail to tap holes through can to make patterns such as a heart, cross, etc. Make a hole on each side at top and thread a thin wire through to use as a handle. Melt ice, throw in a votive candle, and you have a instant illuminated candle holder. Great for porches or walk ways.

You can use the larger cans for the base of a wind sock. Just cover the can with ribbon using a hot glue gun. Make a handle by gluing a piece of ribbon on both sides. Next cut strips of ribbon off at same lengths. Glue these on the inside of can so they flow down. Hang from porch, and let the breeze do the rest!

By Carla Vaught from Shelbyville, IN

Answers

Love your profile name and your ideas!

I am just about to start making some tin robots from assorted cans. But I am wondering how to remove the logo from the tin coffee cans.

By Bonnie H

Answers

I soak them in warm water and most of the label comes right off. After taking the label off, we sometimes run them through the dish washer.

Looking for directions on how to make animals about drinking cans.

Editor's Note: I am not sure if this poster is referring to aluminum cans or tin cans.

Feel free to elaborate on this if this is your request.

Answers

I found some sites about tin can crafts, I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but it is interesting, nonetheless!

http://www.craf  er/table0900.htm

I am going to use most of these for a bookshelf, but I would love to hear anyone else's ideas on how to use these as crafts. I have made a huge umbrella holder out of some of them, and now I have tons of them I am not using. I have them stacked as a pyramid against the porch railing, which is nice, but I would like to do craft work with them.

Thanks for any replies, I know you are all busy, as I am myself, lately!

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

These are wall pockets made from tin cans. These are the large sized cans that schools and such use.

Tops and bottoms are cut from the can, then I step on one end to flatten it together. The I drill 5 holes across the the bottom, through both layers and "sew" with light weight wire. Once that's done, it's time for the fun part. These I decoupaged with fabric and added some odd dangle pieces that I had in my craft room. Drilled 2 small holes on the top back for wire to hang them up by :0)

By Maggie from Bloomington, MN

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I'm looking for patterns and instructions for tin can crafts. My mother use to make mini furniture out of tin cans, also people and all sorts of things.