Making a Button and Jewel Pencil Holder
Use buttons and broken costume jewelry to decorate a pencil holder for your desk. This is a page about making a button and jewel pencil holder
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is so pretty and if you use all recycled stuff it need only cost you the price of a little glue. Have a hunt around for used buttons and broken costume jewellery or purchase some shiny new ones
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 1 pencil pot
- 1 pot of a suitable size to hold pencils
- 1 scrap of jersey or other stretchy fabric - You can take this from an old or stained t-shirt if you like.
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 tube of strong all purpose glue
- buttons and plastic or glass jewels or beads
- Choose your pot - I used a food can. Remove the label if possible.
- Cut a piece of jersey fabric longer than the height of your pot and slightly shorter than the circumference. You will need it to stretch slightly to get a snug fit.
- Apply a line of glue down the pot and stick one edge of the fabric down.
- Apply another line of glue, stretch the fabric around the pot and stick down the other edge.
- Trim the bottom edge and make small cuts all around.
- Glue the resulting tabs one at a time to the underside.
- Apply glue to the inside top of your pot and turn the top edge of the fabric to the inside.
- Beginning at the seam, glue buttons and plastic or glass jewels in lines all around your pot.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.