Making a Magnetic Locker Pencil Holder
Keep your pencils handy and off the floor of your locker with a magnetic pencil holder. This is a guide about making a magnetic locker pencil holder
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I made this fun magnetic pencil holder out of a toothpaste box. Its perfect for my daughter's locker and can be made to match any theme. :)
- empty toothpaste box
- duct tape
- neodymium magnets (or other strong magnets)
- Carefully open the ends of the box and flatten it. Cut it in half, then re-assemble the half you will be using.
- Cut one long piece of duct tape and wrap it from one top edge, around the bottom, and back to the top. Trim off excess tape. Fold the edges around to the back of the box.
- Now wrap the box with strips of tape, starting at the bottom.
- The last piece of tape should overhang the top edge. Snip the tape at the corners and fold the tape flaps towards the inside.
- Decorate the box. Click here for instructions to make a duct tape bow.
- Use hot glue to attach the magnets to the back of the box.
- Now hang it up and add your pens.
June 16, 20161 found this helpful
This handy organizer is good for inside a school locker or on the refrigerator. Learn how to make it with this short video