Homemade Simmering Granules

Category Miscellaneous
You can make your own simmering granules using the scents that you favor. This is a guide about homemade simmering granules.

Please could you tell me the ingredients to make my own simmering granules? I can't seem to find any recipes. Thank you.

By Chris

Answers

Several recipes on this site.

I have just got public liability insurance for my craft stall. I know about CLC for fragrances and allergens, etc. as I make but do not sell candles. I would love to make some simmering granules to try out. Would I need to re-advise my insurance company? I know I would have to if I were to sell candles. I just wandered if the same rules applied for the granule. It's my first stall.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Answers

I just finished a class through my small biz development center and the speaker on insurance said you have to notify your insurance agent of any changes to your business. I don't know if your state is the same, so it warrants a call to your agent. Best wishes for your venture!

I would call the insurance company and ask them. They may tell you you cannot , or they may charge more.

Thank you so much better to be safe than sorry I will give them a call now, thank you for wishing me luck also I'm so excited to see if things take off for me :)

I have just got off the phone I am already covered to make them but I'm glad that I know for sure now, thank you for your help very much appreciated :)

It is nice to see people excited about a new business.
Well wishes to you from all of us.

Hope it is a tremendous success.!

Where insurance is involved, it is always best to keep them informed of any changes (doing more or doing less) or you may be paying more than you should or be paying without the proper coverage.

I tried to add colour to my granules, but they went a bit mushy and wet. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?
Thank you.

By Joan

Answers

Anonymous

Hi, I normally spread the coloured granules out onto a baking try with parchment paper and let them dry out for 24 hours to 48 hours.
Hope this helps to stop them going mushy

Hi Joan
I put mine on baking tray with parchment paper underneath and let them dry out for 24-48 hours after adding food colouring and oil.

Hope this helps

I recently put a request on ThriftyFun for how to make my own simmering granules. I had a reply, but seem to have lost it. Can anyone help? It's the ones made from salt. Many thanks.

By helen from UK

Answers

Anonymous

Here are a couple of links that might be helpful to you :-)
http://www.craf  mmering-granules

http://www.craf  ;goto=nextnewest