Recycled Soup Can Pen Holder

Category Containers
By decorating or painting a clean soup can you can make an attractive and useful pen holder for your office or craft area. This is a guide about recycled soup can pen holder.

I made a crocheted cover for a can to keep some pens on the lazy Susan for my roommate.

It occurred to me that pens could be stored on the outside and something else could be on the inside. My first thought was flowers and as it turned out, they were pens, too!

You could put a tall notepad inside, with scissors and/or other tall office supplies. Paint brushes would work, or craft scissors with felt pens, etc.

Just cover the can with wall paper, contact paper, or paint it. You can wrap it with fabric strips, but just make sure that what you cover it with is thin so the pens work. And of course you have to have pens with the clips. N-JOY!!

Source: Nope. I just love giving old things a new lease on life!!

This is so cute! Brilliant!

Great tip, Sandi! When I was a kid we made pen and pencil holders from soup cans wrapped in yarn. You just encircle the can with yarn, tie a knot and then wrap around the can. Then knot it again when you're done. Obviously you could change colors or wrap with ribbon or other things, add buttons or gems for extra fun. Very simple craft for kids or grownups. :)