Canning Ring Pumpkin
Don't know what to do with those extra canning rings? I have a lot more rings than seals so when I saw this cute project idea, I knew just what to do with the extra rings.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Canning Rings (18 for each pumpkin)
- Floral Wire
- Ribbon (about 2 yards if using standard size canning rings)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Stick for the Stem
- Wire Cutters
- part of a tree branch
- curlicue made with yarn
- floral leaf
- First, measure strips of ribbon and cut to fit around ring. I used two different kinds of ribbon, so nine pieces of each. Using a hot glue gun, I glued the end of one side of the ribbon to the outside of the ring, wrapped it around the ring and glued the other side. Hint: I did this assembly line fashion by gluing the ends on each ring and then going back and gluing the other ends. This gave it time for the glue to dry.
- Then, I took a piece of floral wire and threaded it through the rings, with an every other color of trim. Pulling it taut, I twisted the two ends of the floral wire together and cut off the excess wire.
- I attached a piece of tree limb to the inside of the rings by securing with hot glue. Then, I glued on a silk leaf and a curlicue.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.